I have endorsed Cindy Friedman for State Senate in the 4th Middlesex race because she has the experience, skills and passion to serve in the seat, vacated by the death of Ken Donnelly. As Ken’s chief of staff, Cindy worked with him as a partner, combating injustice, addressing hard issues and framing legislation that truly served the needs of the residents of the district.
Cindy shared Ken’s passion for looking out for their constituents. She truly cares. With her background as an educator and a computer engineer, she also brings unique analytical skills and perspective to the table. She is respected by her colleagues, knowledgeable of both the needs of the district and the ways of the legislature. She will serve effectively from day one.
Cindy has championed a host of issues, including:
- Increased funding for district schools and local governments;
- Protecting workers and their families by ensuring a living wage and affordable benefits;
- Increased access to services and reducing the criminalization of those suffering from severe mental illness and substance use disorders;
- Reforming the criminal justice system;
- Improved access to transportation; and
- Mastering the intricacies of solar net-metering to effectively articulate environmental policy.
- If I lived in Precincts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 or 7, I would want Cindy representing me and I would vote for her in the Special Primary, June 27.
Jeanne Krieger is a former member of the Lexington Board of Selectmen.